Twitter Advertising for Summer Camps
Twitter released its self-serve advertising product to the public in April 2013 in an effort to give more small businesses the opportunity to share their message.
For summer camps Twitter advertising can be a great way to:
1. Make sure your important messages get read – We all know how easy it is to miss a tweet! Camps can promote specific tweets in an effort to make sure that they are reaching their current followers.
2. Target potential parents to drive camp sign-ups – Using Twitter ads, you can target parents with children of a certain age with a specific tweet. Try using something like this to get started, “Give your child a summer they will never forget. Follow us now to learn more about camp.”
Here are step by step instructions to help understand the flow:
1. Login to Twitter and create a new campaign. Decide if you would like to target your audience by keyword or interest. For this example, I’ll show you how to target by interest (parents).
2. Once you have decided how you want to reach your audience, you can then browse specific interests. For most summer camps, you will want to target Parents and in this case, I have chosen parents with kids ages K-6.
3. From there you will be able to select the tweet you want to promote. You can also automatically promote the most recent tweet. I definitely recommend promoting one tweet at a time to see how it performs.
4. Once your campaign starts running, you can check your analytics from the drop-down menu to understand clicks, engagements and follows.
You will want to make sure that the cost per click you are seeing on Twitter ads aligns with the goals you have set for driving traffic to your camp’s site. I’ll cover social media goal-setting in another blog post, so stay tuned!
If you have any questions feel free to comment here or contact me.