Join Our Team this Summer as a Community Manager Intern
We’re looking for a community manager intern to join us this summer in Austin! You’ll gain hands-on experience that will prepare you for a future in social media marketing industry. Your days will be filled with content writing or image creation for summer camps across the country.
About Social Summer Camp
Social Summer Camp is a fast growing, start-up advertising agency that provides innovative marketing and social media solutions to summer camps all over the country. Camps come to us because they want to expand their own business by signing up more campers, recruiting counselors, engage their camp community year round and more!
Community Management Intern
This position requires an enthusiastic self-starter that is interested in social media marketing, advertising or public relations. You’ll gain essential skills related to social media, community management and account service while being in a unique start-up environment.
Responsibilities: You will create and schedule outgoing social media communications our clients using a social relationship platform, Hootsuite. This position does include some routine responsibilities, the right candidate will be nimble and adaptive. Some of the activities you’ll perform are:
- Monitoring, managing, and updating Social Summer Camp clients’ pages
- Assisting in the development and scheduling of content for pages
- Developing analyses and reports for clients
- Maintaining active profiles on a variety of social media platforms
A Community Management Intern MUST:
- Have a strong interest in social media marketing
- Be an excellent communicator (written, verbal, a true team player)
- Have strong editing and proofreading skills
- SRP (social relationship platform) familiarity is a plus
Interested in joining the team this Summer? Please submit the following:
- Resume & Cover Letter
- Links to Twitter, LinkedIn, or Instagram
- What is your favorite Social Media platform and why? Why do you think that platform is important for brands?
- Writing samples. Choose one of the following: (required for applicants)
- 250-400 word blog on a topic that interests you related to social media
- Create an Instagram post for one summer camp of your choice!
Please send all items to Elissa Fontenot at firstname.lastname@example.org.