Quick Tips for Phone Call Follow Up
Phone follow up is absolutely crucial for summer camps reaching out to prospective families. We have included some of our favorite follow up tips below.
Phone Call Follow Up Quick Tips:
Avoid the opening statement blunder:
- “I was calling to follow up on your info request.”
- “I am calling to see if you had any questions.’
- “I just wanted to make sure you got my e-mail.”
- “The reason for my follow up was to see if you had come to a decision.”
- Don’t say “touching base” or “checking in.”
Introduce yourself, give context, and differentiate yourself.
- I thought you might be interested in talking to one of your current camp parents
- I thought you might be interested in hearing more about our specialty programs
- I thought you might be interested in watching one of our new videos
Deliver value in every call:
- I was thinking of a new family who just signed up who reminded me a lot of your family…
- I read an article on the benefits of summer camp and thought of your family…
Leaving a message:
- All of the above applies.
- Write out a script to use for leaving a voicemail: Hi this is DIRECTOR from CAMP. I wanted to briefly tell you about our 2017 summer camp program and specifically about our new speciality program we are offering. Give me a call back when you a moment, NUMBER. Thank you!
- Use the same voicemail script every time and keep track of how many responses you get. Tweak voicemail script based on success of responses.