Levers to improve Facebook ads
I presented a webinar a few weeks ago with Travis Allison on Facebook secrets for summer camp marketing. I wanted to elaborate a little on some of the things I chatted about there and provide more information for you, my loyal blog readers.
One of the most important things I discussed were the five levers you can pull to improve your Facebook ads. Here are the questions I like to ask myself for each lever when I am running my ads.
1. Ad creative-
- What images are being used?
- Are they engaging?
- Do they include people?
- Are they relevant?
2. Ad targeting-
- Are we targeting the right people?
- Are we using custom audiences, broad categories, keywords, etc.?
3. Ad placement-
- Are the ads running on right hand side, news feed, on desktop, on mobile?
4. Ad bidding-
- Are you bidding oCPM, CPC or CPM?
5. Ad optimization-
- Have you refreshed the creative often?
- Have you switched out targeting?
- Have you A/B tested what needs to be tested?
I’ve discussed some of these topics in-depth before and I’ll continue to discuss all of them in the next few weeks. As always, comment below if you have any questions on these five levers.