Learnings from Pubcon Austin for Summer Camp
The Social Summer Camp just returned from a fun filled day at Pubcon! Pubcon is an incredible digital marketing conference and our team had a really great time learning about new SEO and SEM tricks for our clients. I’ll be sharing a lot more information in the next few weeks regarding our learnings, but there are give quick things I wanted to share that we learned:
- By 2017, 74% of all internet traffic in will be video- If you aren’t already investing in video…now is the time!
- Your display ads don’t have to suck! While the median CTR for display is only at about .35%, the top 10% of advertisers see a CTR of 1.88%. If your display ads suck, you have the power to do better.
- When you post on LinkedIn, 20% of your followers will see your post! This is almost double average reach on Facebook.
- Check your snippets! Sometimes the smallest wording changes can make a big difference in your searchability.
- Your website needs to be fast. 74% of people will abandon a website that takes more than 5 seconds to load.
I’ll be sharing the presentations and in-depth learnings later, but there is a lot of good food for thought here.